IEA Energy Technology Initiatives 2010 out nowThe 2010 edition of the IEA Energy Technology Initiatives highlighting the most significant recent achievements of the IEA Implementing Agreements is now available.There are 42 Implementing Agreements (IAs) working in the following areas:
- Cross-cutting issues (information exchange, modelling, technology transfer)
- Efficient end-use technologies (buildings, electricity, industry, transport)
- Fossil fuels (greenhouse-gas mitigation, supply, transformation)
- Fusion power (international experiments)
- Renewable energies and hydrogen (technologies and deployment)
The publication shows ,among other things, the recent trends in these Implementing Agreements, R&D statistics and an overwiew of CERT (Committee on Energy Research and Technology).
In keeping with the recent IEA private sector initiative, the recent trends article highlights the role of industry in national energy policies and R&D programmes as well as the Implementing Agreements.
The IEA Energy Technology Initiatives is available for download for free from the IEA website at http://www.iea.org/papers/2010/technology_initiatives.pdf